Introduction of Chinese as secondary language to children under 5yr. Provide them with a foundation knowledge and skills in listening, understanding, speaking, and reading. The course will be delivered primarily in Mandarin Chinese.
- Engagement: we aim to make every single child feel engaged so that he/she can progress steadily in our courses.
- Bespoke teaching: we provide a secure foundation for learning and development, which is carefully planned around each individual child’s needs and interests.
- Partnership: we work closely with parents and carers before, during and after our lessons.
- Diversity: we welcome children from all nationalities, ethnic groups and learning abilities to join our courses.
Our courses contents and activities are designed around the guidelines set by the Department for Education, Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (March 2014). The activities are challenging and enjoyable. They are purposefully designed with a mix of adult-led and child-initiated activities. For Mandarin Explorer: Bear (1yr- 3yr) more children-led activities are planned. For Mandarin Explorer: Panda (3yr - 5yr) a more adult-led structured interactive learning is planned, with the objective to prepare children for learning Chinese further in KS1.
- Playing and exploring: our activities are designed to encourage children to investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’ with support from their carer and teacher in the class e.g. a box with cover on it, hands in the box to guess what’s inside, and play with it after.
- Active learning: our activities allow children to concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties and enjoy achievements. e.g. jumping through loops and count in Chinese.
- Creative thinking: our activities allow children to develop their own ideas, establish links, and develop strategies for doing things. e.g.: dressing up Little Mandarin Man mascot the way children like.