Effect from April 2016
- For new students: a registration form must be completed online to enable you to proceed to the payment for the course you are willing to enrol. All fees must be paid in advance before the term starts. A place will only be secured once payment has been received successfully.
- Once the term starts, fees are non-refundable. Fees will be refunded only if the student provides a medical certificate (see Refund Policy below).
- Notice period: Students or parents must provide 8 weeks’ notice in writing to school office if they wish to withdraw from a course. If adequate notice is not given, then the School must be paid the fee for the full term.
- The annual fee is to be paid by 31st July of each year.
- Sibling discount: 10% fixed for each sibling.
- A MINIMUM of 6 students are required for the school to open a class. Should the number fall below 6, parents or students will be informed in advance before the term starts. Private tuition can be arranged in that case.
All fees are non-refundable except in the following circumstances:
- If a class is closed within 3 weeks of the beginning of term due to insufficient enrolments, or reasons beyond our control, a pro-rata refund will be given.
- Medical reasons (medical certificate required). A refund will only be given for illness which necessitates an absence of more than 3 consecutive weeks from a class. Please note that applications for refunds will only be accepted if they are received in the term during which the student withdraws.
- If due to circumstances beyond our control a teacher leaves part way through a course and a suitable replacement is found, the course will continue and refunds will not be given.
- Other than in the case of class closure, an administrative charge of £30 will be deducted from the refund.
We take very best care to assess each student’s learning ability and level to assign the right class for your child. Should you wish your child to be transferred into different class, please discuss this with your form teacher first. You may be able to do so subject to availability and consent from the form teacher and Education Director. Where a transfer is made to a less expensive course we cannot refund any difference in the fee.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The school is opposed to discrimination, bullying, and anti-social behaviour and will not tolerate it.
We strongly recommend that parents with children under 8 remain on the premises and reachable at all time while your child/children are at the school in case of an emergency.
The school aims to teach, stimulate, and care for every child during their time with the school. Should you have a complaint, the procedure is to speak in confidence to: the teacher; the education director; the school principal.
Child Protection Measures The purpose of the measure is:
To promote the recognition by children and adults of each other as individuals with a right to respect within a caring and safety environment.
There are specific rules that relate to the safe use of the Chestnut Grove Academy building and the outside areas:
- No chewing gum is allowed inside the building and the campus
- No shouting inside the building
- Instruction for the safe use of all property must be adhered to
- Do not damage any properties including tables, chairs and smart boards
- Do not eat or drink inside the classrooms, except permitted by the School
- No dropping litter on the floor either in the classrooms or in the corridors
- Keep to designated area at playtimes. No ball game in any other areas other than the sports hall.
- No playing and throwing stones and pebbles; no picking any leaves, tree branches and flowers; no dropping any litter on the floor in the campus.
- Respect to the instruction of the member of security
- Do not go to other blocks to play other than areas designated for WenLin Chinese School use.
- Avoid unnecessary physical contact
RULES FOR PARENTS /GUARDIAN
- Children should be sent to and picked up from the School by parent/s or guardian, unless agreement has signed if children are asked to go by themselves.
- Children under 12 must not go out of the front gate without being accompanied by an adult.
- Parent/s or guardian must inform school administrator if you will come late
- for picking up your child/ren and leave contact number.
- The School is responsible for the safety of Pupils who have registered in the School. For who haven’t been registered in the School and those children under the school age, their parents/guardians must take full responsibility for their safety.
- No insurance cover is held by the School to provide automatic compensation to pupils in the event of a personal accident or death. It is your responsibility as a parent to insure your child for personal accident or death.
- The School is not liable for the loss or theft of pupils’ clothing or personal effects and any items are therefore brought into the School at the pupil/parents’ own risk. Parents can assist by ensuring that valuable and unnecessarily expensive items of clothing are not brought into the School
- Teachers and other staff must not accept custody of any such items.
RULES FOR SCHOOL
- To hire a security or volunteer worker to stay in playground and look after children when it is break time.
- Teachers to make pupils aware the safety issue when they are in the classroom.
- Teachers to keep pupils whose parents or guardians would be late to pick them up until safe hand over.
- Any body punishment and child abuse is not allowed in the School and whoever breaches the rule will be prosecuted.